Hi, I am Elena and I am chef de partie in Café Jakarta, the restaurant of Hotel Jakarta on Java island in Amsterdam. Or as we say in the kitchen, we are Café Jakarta and Hotel Jakarta is the hotel that was built for us! Café Jakarta is a beautiful restaurant in a real sub-tropical garden, but the best thing about my job is that we can cook different styles every day. With our French Chef Stephane and Javanese sous-chef Rendy we have developed both an Indonesian menu and a European menu and to top it off we also have a Seafood bar. So on an average day I can just start making our own sambal, then turn on the classic jus de veau and end up in the a la carte with opening oysters and grilling lobsters! In other words, new styles, new challenges all day long, but above all a lot of new flavors! Will you join our team?
What does Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam ask of you?
- You are creative and enthusiastic.
- Constant and high quality are part of our success formula.
- If the guests walk out the door satisfied, so are you.
- Keeping track of food trends and developments in the market is a hobby for you.
- As cooks, we can express our input and creativity in the new menu and various menus. So we really listen to our ideas.
- Experience and independence are required for this position. It would be nice if you have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- I am looking for someone who works 5 shifts per week (both day shifts and evening shifts). You work neatly 38 hours in those 5 services, fortunately we don't know weeks of 50 hours.
- I personally enjoy working on Saturday nights. Then it really popping! If you do not succeed on Saturday then I like it when you are there on Sunday. 1 of the weekend days is a requirement, otherwise it is not fair to your colleagues.
What does Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam have to offer?
- A challenging and varied position in a pleasant and collegial working environment in a growing hotel group.
- A timely salary in accordance with the collective labor agreement standards, I also build up vacation hours and vacation pay.
- In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more great things, such as: sleeping with a discount at Hotel Jakarta or one of the other WestCord hotels // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainster // a employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- Sustainable work clothing provided by the employer, designed by the fashion label By Rockland | HACKED by.
- Working at Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging for me, among other things, due to the many career opportunities, the innovative developments within the hotel and the informal atmosphere with my fantastic colleagues!